Saturday, December 25, 2010

Older lettering job re-visited...

Yesterday I went out to the Dusi Vineyard, to deliver the show card sign that I had painted below. In front of the office, sits a 36' International truck that I had lettered some years back. This truck had been painted several times over the years, with brush, and later spray paint from a can. They winery wanted the Dusi name lettered on the doors, and aged, to look as if it had been there for years. The truck is very cool but rough, and the owners use it as "yard art" for the winery. As it sits, with the weather beating on it, it looks more and more like the lettering has always been there. This is a bitchin' pick-up, and it deserves to be preserved, but for now it serves it's purpose, and I am very pleased that nobody would think that I lettered it recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment