Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Crooked Kilt / The Kilt...


The last part of this huge job that I have been working on for the last few months, is to do the name change on the old "Crooked Kilt", to "The Kilt". When the owners decided to expand to San Luis Obispo, soon after came a Cease and Desist in the mail from the lawyers of an outfit called "The Tilted Kilt". This letter dictated that the name , logo, and feel of the Crooked Kilt was too close to the copyrighted Tilted Kilt. So in order not to be sued to death, the name was changed... Petty I know, but that's business. As for me, being the artist, it's more work, and that is a good thing! Now I'm no prima donna, I have rolled over many of my wall murals in the past. But this was a cool logo, that had been up for a few years. I finally took a photo of it just before blocking it out with primer. The space is now being covered with the new logo, which I will post after I finish. By the way, working in a bar sucks, there are always people there. Two nights age, I had to pull an all nighter (after 2am) just to block out, and draw on the new design. It's hard to catch back up after that, these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment