Friday, December 18, 2009

I'll take that one, and that one...

Got called out to look at a couple of cars that need some restoration lettering today. I took some pictures of other cars in the collection. This is just a part of the Woodland race car collection, and it seems to grow weekly. Great cars with a ton of history... Jimmy 302 six with all the speed equipment in this turtle deck T bucket... Note the Ford style radiator.



Just a few restored Sprint cars...







Back in the day, these guys were not afraid to use wild colors on their cars...









Although I do alot of turned gold leaf lettering, I never get tired of looking at it...






I'm looking forward to the jobs that they want me to do, one of them is a 1966 Hot Rod Magazine cover car. That will be the first car that I've done, that was on a magazine cover, before I worked on it.






2 comments:

  1. example of that "85" turned gold leaf is beautiful! did you lay that down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not that one, it's from the old days

    ReplyDelete