Monday, February 28, 2011

Chevy odd-balls...

This last Saturday, my buddy and I were talking about our early 1950's GM trucks. As usual, my idea's and his were a bit different. He then pointed out that my tastes are for the more unique, and odd-ball models. Come to think of it, he is right. I always look at the Canopy Express and one ton factory 4x4's, over the air bagged frame on the ground half ton 5-window (I have always preferred the 3-window trucks anyway). People always tell me I'm crazy, when I talk about replacing the "Clam Shell" doors on my 50' Suburban for the "Ambulance" style doors. The fact is, the "Clam Shell" doors are the "cool" doors, but they are a total pain, and hard to work with. Anyhow, I could go on and on... Here are some pics of some odd-ball trucks built by GM for the Euro and S. America market. The top two are built by GM and badged as Opel for Europe, the bottom truck is a GM for Brazil. I love these trucks, and if you have one of these, let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment