Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tracy Fiberglass Works...


This has always been my favorite illustration by Jim Phillips. This is but one of the many designs penned by Phillips, for the Tracy Fiberglass Works catalogs in the 1970's. Although Phillips work was all around me growing up, (almost every Santa Cruz skateboard, sticker, T Shirt that I owned) I didn't seem to notice how bitchin' it was. Years later, when I took notice, I realized that Phillips was part of just about everything cool that came out of that part of the Central Coast. Skateboards, surfboards, motorcycles, show posters, you name it. Through it all though, this image has always stuck out to me as my favorite. When I was younger, I wanted this image as a full back piece, but now that I'm older, why bother...

No comments:

Post a Comment