Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm tired, my back hurts...


Easy two hour job, turned into four hours, turned into 1 o'clock to bed. Went to pick up one of the Pontiac's last night. Everything that could have gone wrong did. The battery for the winch quickly died, pushing a heavy car uphill on a gravel driveway, no trailer lights... you can guess the rest. So a quick truck change, a tank of gas, some Jack in the Box, and we were on our way. I quickly realized that a 55' Pontiac is way too heavy for my 1/2 ton 64' Ford. Speed wobbles down the grade, with the brakes heating up to the point of no longer working. Cops riding your tail, and refusing to pass... The good news, we made it! I'm sure that car out-weighed my truck by twice, but it all worked out. Plus we had a good time through it all. Some road sodas, and the fact that I already have the Pontiac's sold, made it all worth while... Round two tonight, and the second Pontiac has no axles, sould be very interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment