Thursday, June 9, 2011

Flattery???

This morning I went out to get some breakfast with the family, as it was my daughters last day of the school year. No sooner did I sit down, than I noticed a very familiar looking logo on a t-shirt at the bar. Now this area that we live in is still rather small, and everyone around is connected, or knows each other by sight. Everywhere that I go, someone says "hey Lucky B", or "you drive that old truck with the horse shoe on the doors". My truck and my logo go along way around here. My logo is however more that to me, as it was my Grandfather's registered cattle brand, "The Lucky B", and it goes back three generations in our family. So if imitation is the best form of flattery, today it was lost on me. This is the third time that this has happened with my logo locally, that I have seen. The first time, my good buddies The Hydromatics, borrowed heavily from my logo, but let me know, threw me a shirt, and all was good. The second time, a local winery built a tasting room and used the horse shoe around the letter R. And this, the third time this morning. It is probably not that big of a deal, but let's have some imagination, come up with something different, that sets you out in the business world. If not, my logo will become bastardized like so many have, by the big shirt company's in the last 20 years or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment