Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One day Turn-around...

Today I worked on restoring a sign, that I made for a local salon about 6 years ago. At the time of originally building the sign, I gave it a lot of age. As time has gone by, Mother Nature has helped to further age the sign. The salon has a new owner, and so I offered to guild the letters, to make them "pop" more than the paint did (I had wanted to do this the first time, but the first owner didn't want to spend the money). The sign was quite twisted and needed to be tightened up, so I drilled and bolted through the sign, after soaking the hardware in muriatic acid, to further promote aging (rust). I am very pleased with the outcome, and it shows up so much better. I love the juxtaposition of old and warn mixed with sharp and bright...

No comments:

Post a Comment