Sunday, May 2, 2010

O' Black Betty Finally...


Well over a year ago, I finished lettering the body pieces to this car, but until yesterday, I had not seen the car together and clear coated. What can I say? It blew me away! It seemed like I had to keep reminding myself that I lettered the car. This car was a real pain tho do. So many long straight lines of engine turned gold leaf, outlined with paint lines. Tons of turned gold lettering, I went through so many books of gold, that I lost count. I hated this car when I worked on it, but now, together, I am very proud. This car has been down the track a few times, but I had never seen it. Yesterday at the Dragfest, I was able to see it in person, and get a few snap shots. The car was parked inside a shop, and I didn't get to see it in the sun, but I am sure it is very flashy. I also got to see a couple of the other cars that I have lettered for Famoso Speed Shop. This makes it all worthwhile...





















































5 comments:

  1. Remind me next time I see you, I have a post card for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i previously said dave...one day you gotta gold leaf somethin for me.....i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, anytime, send me something, and I will take care of it. (panhead?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Killed it Dave.....Work looks Real nice!
    yer' Fresno Hombre, Kool Hand Luke

    ReplyDelete