Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Volcom Stone...


Honored to be asked to paint the award skateboard deck for the Volcom Newport 500 surf event. The theme this year was Nascar inspired, so I was tasked to create a painting along those lines. I was given full creative control, without a lot of restraints. The only stipulation, was that the stone logo must be somewhere. I also got to choose the deck. I went with the Vision Gator shape from like 1984. My own influences from my youth, are all over this board, from the Richard Petty colors, to the 80's deck. Then to find out that Jim Gray (G&S sider) at Inkgenda was making the blanks and the transfers was even better, totally 70's / 80's! A big thanks goes out to Volcom, they were great to work for, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment